Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Como te extrañooo tantooooo

I am coming up on the two month anniversary of my return to the United States from Chile. However not a day goes by where Chile does not absorb my thoughts.

I have started going over my journals and blogs from my first few months in Chile as well as my pictures in order to start writing essays about my year there. Re-reading and reviewing the beginning of my experience there makes my heart physically ache. I had started to fall in love not only with my Chilean sweetie, but with another language, culture, another family and another way of life.

You learn a lot about human nature and communication when you are in a situation where you do not know the words to express how you feel. You have to learn how to communicate through means. Smiling, hugging, laughing, funny faces. I used anything I could to try and become apart of my Chilean family. It was difficult and painful but in the end it was worth it. And I have a ton of relationships to show for it.

For the first time in my life, I realized that some things are meant to happened. I do not know why, but I was in the right place at the right time.

In my first two months there I had written "I miss knowing the words to express how lonely I actually feel".

Now I know the words, in both languages, but it does not make me feel better.

1 comment:

  1. *hug*

    I have the same feelings, but for France. ^.^

    As corny as it sounds, home is where the heart is. Sometimes, the heart understands things that the mind cannot comprehend...

    -French Bean

    ReplyDelete